If you love data and having your hand in every step of a project, our Database Analyst role could be for you. This role requires cross-functional work with our analytics, project management, account management and sales teams, as well as working directly with our clients when needed.
This is an entry-level role in our Data Integration group, focusing primarily on data integration tasks. This well-rounded group is responsible for multiple types of projects. These include working with data for both new and existing clients, as well as creating and troubleshooting ETL processes for data integration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Buxton (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
What you'll be doing:
- Serving as the point of contact to client’s internal data team to receive initial data transfer from client
- Standardizing and loading client data to be used by Buxton for analysis
- Analyzing client and production data for accuracy and completeness
- Leveraging ETL tools to automate the flow of data from client transfer to production environment
- Communicating cross-departmentally regarding project scope, progress and findings regarding data
- Working in team environment where brainstorming, innovation, and collaboration is critical while also maintaining personal responsibility for completion of assigned projects on time and of high quality
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, or related field
- 1+ years of experience writing T-SQL and analyzing data
- Solid understanding of relational database theory
- Ability to write “clean” code and strong code documentation skills
- Capability to read, understand, and if needed, alter existing SQL code written by others
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Aptitude to solve complex problems autonomously
- Superb organizational, communication and presentation skills with outstanding attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience with ETL processes
- Advanced Excel knowledge (V-lookups, pivot tables, macros)
- Experience creating stored procedures, views, and functions