SQL Server Database Analyst
If you love data and having your hand in every step of a project, our SQL Server Database Analyst role is for you.
This is a mid-level role within our growing Data Integration group. This well-rounded group is responsible for multiple types of projects including everything from ETL configuration utilizing SSIS, to leading a new Data Warehouse integration into our ecosystem. This role requires cross-functional work with our analytics, project management, account management and sales teams, as well as working directly with our clients when needed.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Buxton (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
What you'll be doing:
- Communicating cross-departmentally regarding project scope, progress and findings regarding everything related to data
- Working in a team environment where brainstorming, innovation, and collaboration is critical while also maintaining personal responsibility for completion of assigned projects on time and of high quality
- Leveraging ETL tools to automate the flow of data of various data elements within the Buxton ecosystem
- Innovating new ways to standardize existing data processes and optimizing current workflows
- Creating custom client facing reports
- Creating custom data sets for use within our Analytics teams
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience creating and troubleshooting T-SQL Procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers, etc.
- 2+ years of experience creating and troubleshooting ETL processes (SSIS, Alteryx, Informatica)
- 2+ years of experience creating and maintaining reports
- Knowledge of SQL Tuning, Monitoring, and Performance measurement
- Ability to read, understand, and alter existing T-SQL when necessary
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Theory
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Aptitude to solve complex problems autonomously and attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience working with and creating data for data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Advanced Excel knowledge (V-lookups, pivot tables, macros, etc)